Sunday, February 15, 2009

Today is the greatest

When Ava was having "quiet time" I went up to the playroom, and out of hearing-range of Ava. Noises tend to distract her from sleep, and she really needed a nap on this particular day.

About 15 minutes into quiet time, I heard some noises but ignored them. 20 minutes later I went back downstairs to discover that Ava had indeed gone to sleep. But not before this:

That's right. She changed her own poopy diaper then went back to bed and went to sleep.

It took at least 10 wipees (see picture), but she actually did a perfect job of cleaning herself up. I'm not sure if she's trying to grow up or trying to stay a baby.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

WOW! that's talent.

Paige said...

Ok Holly, that's too awesome. I love that story and I love Ava more than ever. (But for some reason I can't see the photo....is it just me and my computer??)

kenzie said...

oh man! I laughed so hard at that! I love that all the wipes were in the diaper, all neat, instead of all over the room or something.