Wednesday, August 28, 2013

NYC

We went to New York City this weekend for the International Contemporary Furniture Fair. It was fabulous and the whole trip was so fun. We stayed with Ty and SJ and we got to play with adorable Caroline. The picture below is Ryan in front of the Guggenheim. We went inside, too. We ate delicious korean barbeque tacos, laduree macarons, goat milk ice cream, pasta, and the best thai food ever (at Pure Thai. Go there!).  We went to all the fancy furniture shops in Soho and tribeca. We visited with dear old friends and family. We peered inside the Chrysler building and Grand Central Station. We saw Matt Dillon driving around on friday night and I did not mind looking like a fool as I craned my neck to see if there were more famous people inside his SUV.

Highlight of the trip for Ryan: Kicking a rat onto the empty tracks of the subway on our way out of the city. Nothing morbid about it, I guess for Ryan it just seemed authentically New York.

ps, this post is from back in May! I just noticed that there was an error when I tried to publish it back then!


No comments: